Playing casino games online has become a hugely popular form of entertainment for people across New Zealand.
Researching the different operators and understanding the various games can be a long-winded process, but CasinoBillions.com will help find out all you need to know. Whether you’re looking for the best offers and promotions, details about the software providers or information about various types of blackjack, we can point you in the right direction.
We save you time and effort by recommending where to find the best casino games, along with tips, strategies and techniques to help you become an expert player. Every game is different, so we explain the different rules and features to give you an edge in the battle against the casinos.
Popular Online Casino Games
From card games to roulette, slots to live casino games, there are a vast array of ways to play at an online casino.
Luck plays a part in blackjack, but there is also a major skill element to the game. The main objective is to reach a total of 21, or the nearest to it, and beat the dealer’s hand. Applying what is known as basic strategy to online blackjack will improve your chances of making a profit from the game.
The most iconic casino game sees players place their bets on a roulette table, before the dealer spins the wheel. Players are then paid out according to where the ball stops. Online roulette is a game of chance and is very easy to learn.
Slots, also known as pokies, have come a long way since they were first introduced into amusement arcades. There are thousands of game themes to choose from online including comic book heroes and television programmes. Progressive jackpots offer players the opportunity to win life-changing amounts of money.
Enjoy a real-life casino experience from your own home by playing live casino games. All the top games are available using a video stream, allowing players to chat and interact with a real live dealer or croupier.
Craps is a dice game where players bet on the outcome of the roll, or a series of rolls, of a pair of dice. Players may wager against each other or a banker. A throw of 7 or 11 is a winning throw – 2, 3, or 12 is a losing throw.
Each casino game has its own unique set of rules, so it is crucial to familiarise yourself with these before placing any real money bets. If you do this you will play better and therefore enjoy your online casino gambling that much more.
Every game provides a link to its rules – just click the relevant icon near the top of the screen to find out everything you need to know about each one.
By learning the rules and understanding the terms and conditions of your favourite games, you will increase your chances of boosting your bankroll at an online casino.
HOW TO PLAY LIKE A PROFESSIONAL: BEST GAME TIPS
If you want to play like a professional, make sure you use free play options to learn about the different games before playing for real money.
Each game has strategies you can employ to reduce the casino’s edge, so spend time researching these to improve your chances of winning. Also make sure you use sign-up bonuses and promotions to boost your bankroll.
Keep an eye out for special offers and promotions as these can boost your bankroll and give you more ammunition in the battle against the casino.
Keeping a cool head while you’re gambling is extremely important. Never spend more than you can afford to lose and remember that online casinos are simply a form of entertainment. Don’t chase losses and never play for real money if you are under the influence of alcohol.
BEST TIPS AND STRATEGIES
There are a wide range of tips and strategies you can employ to maximise your enjoyment of online casinos. These are as follows:
- Use our reviews to find the most reliable online casinos
- Make sure your chosen site offers your preferred payment method before signing-up
- Check that the casino software is compatible with your chosen device
- Learn the best strategies of each game
- Boost your bankroll with welcome bonuses and ongoing promotional offers
- If you play regularly, sign-up for VIP and Loyalty programs to access exclusive rewards
- Play casino games with a higher ‘Return to Player’ (RTP) to boost your chances of winning
- Keep your focus by taking regular breaks from the games
- Stick to your budget
Casinos are in the business of making a profit, but there are numerous ways you can increase your chances of winning.
Most real-life casinos have a Return to Player (RTP) – the percentage of any wagered money that will be paid back to players over time from casino games – of between 80-90%. This rises to around 95% online and it is possible to achieve an even higher RTP if you shop around.
The following information will help you understand the terminology used in online casino games:
- Ante: The bet required to before cards are dealt
- Bankroll: The total money that players have to spend in a gambling session
- Basic Strategy: A method of playing blackjack that reduces the casino’s edge over the player
- Bet: An amount of money put at risk for the chance of winning
- Bonus: Extra funds that an online casino may add to a player’s account as an incentive for signing-up and depositing, or as a reward for wagering a certain amount on games
- Chips: Typically plastic discs, these are tokens used to represent real money at the gaming tables
- Croupier: A casino employee in charge of running a gaming table. Also referred to as a dealer
- Edge: An advantage the house has over the player in a casino game
- Face Cards: Jack, Queen or King in a suit of cards.
- High Roller: Players who bet large amounts of money at a casino
- House: The casino or gambling establishment
- Jackpot: A particularly large prize, usually associated with slot games.
- Insurance Bet: A side bet
- Lobby: The area of an online casino where you can choose which games you are going to play
- Payout Percentage: The percentage paid back to players in a casino game
- Payment Options: The different methods available to deposit or withdraw money at an online casino
- Progressive Jackpot: A type of jackpot that grows over time until it is won
- Reward Points: Points rewarded by the casino for playing casino games
- Surrender: To give up a portion of your bet for the right to not play out a hand
Casino games are available to players across New Zealand on both desktop and mobile platforms. Here are a few interesting facts:
- The first national lotteries were established in New Zealand in 1933
- Slot machines, commonly known as “pokies”, were introduced in NZ in 1987 and are operated by charitable foundations
- In 2013, the government allowed a land-based casino to install an additional 230 pokie machines and 40 new gambling tables, in exchange for a $402 million convention centre
- The biggest progressive slot machine jackpot was over $39 million at the Excalibur Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas in 2003
- Blackjack player Don Johnson won $15 million in Atlantic City in 2011
- There are nearly 2.6 million hands of five possible cards using a 52-card deck in poker
- The first modern slot machine with three reels – the “Liberty Bell” – was invented in 1895 by Charles Fey
- The largest casino in the world is The Venitian Macau in China
- Actor Ben Affleck was banned for life by the Hard Rock Casino for counting cards at blackjack
- The first casino built in 1906 in Las Vegas was the Golden Gate Casino
- Former France Emperor Napoleon Bonaparte was a huge fan of blackjack
You are now armed with all you need to know about successfully playing games at an online casino. Follow CasinoBillions.com to find out all you need to know about the best casino operators in New Zealand and good luck at the tables!